Saturday, November 5, 2011

Blessed.

I sit here in my new living room, the empty room, the bare walls and i think, "I could not be more happy." We spent about 200 dollars yesterday on random things needed for our house (trash can, shower rod, curtain, rug etc...) and the rest was given to us. My brother gave me so many dishes (all matching), kitchen utensils, a homemade coffee table. My friend Patrick gave us a wonderful futon/couch and a mattress for us to use until we get our big one next week. Everyone knows we placed a baby for adoption girl for adoption in 2010 and we have remained close with her family, and they have a high chair and tv for us.


I am truely blessed for the few people i have in my life that are willing to go above and beyond for our family.


Our lives have done a complete 180 from where we were before. No more homeless shelter with bed bugs and mice. No more nasty expired food and families that won't bathe themselves and their children. It was so hard staying there, knowing we were there for a situation we couldn't control, but everyone else, with the exception of a handful of families i met while there, were there for their own stupidity.

I'm sorry, but i put my daughter above myself and everything else in this world for that matter, and had i been able to control the situation and the curcumstances for which we ended up homeless, I would have done everything in my power not to end up there. I guess not everybody feels the same. One mother was there because her husband (who wasn't allowed to stay there do to be a SEX OFFENDER) thought that she could live off of TANF for the rest of her life, and didn't get a job or ask her husband to get one either. Some people. 


Anyways, My home may not be fully complete, but its OURS and my daughter has a safe place to sleep, a warm bed and her own room. I have a kitchen with new dishes and pots and pans and can finally COOK AGAIN! That's the part I'm most excited about. And my husband has a comfy couch to sit on and use the computer, do schoolwork and listen to music.


Blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment