Friday, October 25, 2013

Fairytale Disaster

I didn't know what love was until i had you.
It's cliche to say that's cliche, but you need to know the truth.
I couldn't stand to be away from you for more than an hour, a minute, a second.    
You constantly racing through my mind. Always feeling your presence, using my emotions like weapons, when all you wanted was to surround yourself in my essence.       
Raging a battle every morning, as you tried to get through these walls, chipping them down, digging underground, climbing them no matter how often you'd fall.   
There I'd stand, hiding in my own mind, couldn't even pretend that i was fine, just secure that you were mine, for always, until the end of time.    
But I'd stand, defenses in my hands, throwing fiery arrows at my man.     You wouldn't even try to dodge them, take then in your heart, no shield, no armor, just love and affection to stop them.    
Trying to reach me, love me, show me i didn't need to be so hard, could still be strong laying in your arms.   

That i deserved what you gave, that it wouldn't be the same and with you my heart was safe.     
Now I'm standing here, still in my own mind, trying to turn back to the moment in time,   
that even you couldn't cope, couldn't swim through the moat to try and save me from losing all hope.   
Fairy tales don't always end happily ever after, and this is my proof, of our perfect disaster.

2 comments: